Friday, May 27, 2016

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Restaurant Review

I’ve eaten at Five Guys multiple times, and in multiple different locations and I can confidently say the food is great, and so is the service. (Sadly, I have not had their milkshakes since they are only available at select locations.)

Basically, everything but the bun is gluten free.
The meat is gluten free. The toppings are gluten free. Their fries are gluten free. Potatoes are the only food they fry in the fryer so there’s no cross-contamination. (Some of their milkshakes are not gluten free. For sure avoid the malt and Oreo flavors. You can view all the nutritional information on their website HERE.)


When I order a burger without the bun, the cashier taking my order asks if it’s an allergy, and I say yes. He or she hollers back to the cooks “We’ve got an allergy.” (Just like they holler “five in the door” when my family walks in, so they can get burgers cooking before we even place our order.)
You can order your bunless burger two different ways. One is to have them wrap the burger in lettuce, which in turn is wrapped in foil like they do normal burgers.
The other way comes in an aluminum container, like a to-go container, with a knife and fork. Either way, if you order toppings like ketchup and mustard, the condiments come on the side in little plastic containers. I prefer the latter version of a bunless burger because when they wrap lettuce around a hot, juicy burger it cooks and wilts the lettuce. 



I failed to take pictures at Five Guys, so I grabbed and edited these two images (1 and 2) from reviews on Find Me Gluten Free, an amazing website I blogged about HERE.


One reviewer on Find Me Gluten Free asked locally at her store if she could bring in her own gluten free bun and assemble it at the table, and they said she could. So sometimes when I plan ahead, I smuggle in some gluten free bread, and make my burger sandwich when I sit down at a table.

Did I mention that Five Guys is delicious? The fries are salty, and their burgers are crunchy-on-the-outside-juicy-on-the-inside. (Are you salivating yet?) They are also filling. My bottomless pit of a brother loves to eat at Five Guys because it actually fills him up. My mom likes eating there because they don’t use pink slime in their burgers. I like eating there because they’re gluten free. And if you are a celiac who can’t eat dairy, as long as you don’t get a bun, cheeseburger, or milkshake, they’re dairy free. (Note: for those who can eat gluten, but not dairy, the buns are NOT dairy free, so be advised.)

For more restaurant reviews, click here.
Did you find this post helpful? Give me some love in the comments or on social media. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love *positive* feedback