Friday, July 26, 2013

Natural Mosquito Repellent




I love the internet, but I hate it.  As Abraham Lincoln so wisely pointed out, “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.”
But seriously, we found this natural mosquito repellent recipe somewhere on the internet, and now I do not know which website it is originally from because this picture (left) and recipe are on
several sites. It bugs me. I am an honest individual, willing to give credit where credit is due, and I would not want anyone to steal my ideas and pretend they were original!

Anyway, here is the recipe:
In a 16 ounce spray bottle, measure
16 drops lavender oil
4 Tablespoons of vanilla extract
1/4 cup lemon juice.
Fill the bottle the rest of the way with water; shake to combine ingredients and spray away. The mix will not stain clothing. It smells delicious, somewhat like flowers and freshly baked cookies. Note: The repellent works fine during the day, but we have found it does not hold up well once it is dark out. Below is a picture of our repellent. It turned out darker tan than the yellowish liquid in the photo on the left, and it is almost gone because we have been using it so much.



http://survivingglobalrecession.com/how-to-homemade-mosquito-repellent/#.UfFhmo2Tg_Y which claims the author is Aaron DB Savage.
Some photos have a “survivingthestores.com” watermark, so I investigated that site. The picture is the same, but the recipe is different-#3:
http://www.survivingthestores.com/homemade-mosquito-repellent.html
I even found it on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/FibroTV/posts/520257004682607

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love *positive* feedback