Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Find Me Gluten Free

Today what I'd like to share with you isn't a recipe but it still has to do with food.

Have you ever wanted to have a fast and easy way of finding gluten free restaurants in your area without playing a guessing game and Googling "Is [restaurant] gluten free?" Or "[Food place] gluten-free menu"? Some places have gluten free menus, but they don't make them easy to find on their website. Or they have a gf menu that is overpriced and not that great *cough* Garden Olive *backwards*. Enter Find Me Gluten Free (http://www.findmeglutenfree.com/)
(I snagged their logo from their home page)
And no, they did not pay me to advertise their site. I'm just sharing what I've found helpful to me. I'm trying to remember how I found this site in the first place. Probably from Google. It was either through word-of mouth or this site that lead me to eat at the Outback Steakhouse, which I wrote about here. But what do you do when you are new to an area and haven't heard any word-of-mouth about gf food? You turn to Find Me Gluten Free. As it says, you can find gf businesses all over the place. It is a restaurant review page dedicated to gf. You can search by city name, or put in a specific address. I found the latter to be very helpful when planning vacations. Once you've searched say, a city, on the results page next to "Sort" you have two options. The default is by distance, but you can also click "Best" which gives you the highest rated five-star eateries first. (I like to sort by best when I look up things in my area. I use by distance when I'm traveling.) 
UPDATE: On their free app, you can search by restaurant name. 
If, like me, you would like to write a review and give a rating or suggest another business you do need to create an account with an email address and a password. However if you just want to browse you don't have to sign up for anything.
I could go into more detail about how under the search bar you can choose "more options" and check or uncheck the box next to "Include restaurants that do not have a dedicated gluten-free menu" and other options, but you'll figure it out. Happy browsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love *positive* feedback