Friday, January 6, 2017

Baby Shower Games that are Not Boring

I had the pleasure of throwing a baby shower for my sister. Planning included decorating on a theme (construction, because it’s a boy), finding games, planning gluten-free food, and managing who did what to help. I had loads of fun looking up ideas on Pinterest, and designing constructions signs for decorations. (More on that in a later.)
I wanted some baby shower games that were not boring or gross. (That eliminates guess the baby food and guess the chocolate poop.) We also were not enthralled with the Don’t Say “Baby” game. It’s too much stress to try not to say “Baby!”
We chose a Phone Game, a Baby Word Scramble, and a Diaper Activity.

1. The Phone Game
The Phone Game was from Pinterest. It’s self-explanatory. Just read and follow the directions.

2. The Baby Word Scramble
We typed up ourselves based on similar scrambles online.
Note: autocorrect is not your friend on this one! And if you accidentally fat-finger in an extra letter or two, it will really confuse some people! (Not that we did that or anything. Certainly not. Especially not for word #2.)


3. The Diaper Activity
I’ve enjoyed this activity at other baby showers, plus it’s all over Pinterest, so I know it’s a winner.

Pinterest has lots more ideas for what to write:
I designed the above printout on PicMonkey, which is a free photo-editing website—check it out!  I used free blank clip art from this site. I downloaded the construction sign clip art, superimposed words on it, and put it in a word document to print out.


And of course people were creative and came up with their own witty sayings:

Bonus ice breaker:
I also asked people if they had any funny stories from when they were babies, and told one about my sister and me to prime the pump. People were shy at first, but soon they were laughing at outrageous stories about people’s daughters and sons and nephews.
So there you have it three fun baby shower games, plus an ice-breaker idea.
Soon, I’ll post about the food and decorations.

Sharing is caring! Pin this image.


2 comments:

  1. Loved this interesting list of the baby shower games that are Not Boring. I just picked two games from this list that I would love to add in my sister’s baby shower that I would be hosting on next weekend at the nearby party venue. The theme is pink and blue and I am super excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A business has posted a spam comment to this blog post. The link in the comment goes to a website that submits over 100 comments per day to blogspot sites with a link to their site as an opportunity to make their site look more popular to search engines like google. If you read the comment and look at the link they inserted, you will notice it is not helpful to your readers and it doesn't even make sense to be linked other than for their own business needs. If you would like to mark it as spam to prevent them from using you, follow the instructions here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en

    ReplyDelete

I love *positive* feedback