Saturday, December 3, 2016

Key Fobs and Gratitude: It's the Little Things in Life

I take things for granted until they don’t work.

Take for instance the under-appreciated key fab. I didn’t give it much thought until it didn’t work.
I pushed the unlock button, and there was no answering ca-chunk of the doors unlocking. I pushed the button harder because that seems to work with TV remotes.
Fortunately, the van unlocked, otherwise I would have had to actually insert the key and turn it! I nearly got carpal tunnel just thinking about it. I remember a time in the dark ages when my family actually owned a vehicle that didn’t have a key fab. If we wanted to unlock the van, we had to walk all the way over to the van and use the key. I know, first world problems. 



Come to think of it, that van had a lot of quirks. We called it “character!”  The driver’s side lock stopped working. We had to unlock the passenger’s side and then reach over inside and manually pull up the lock!  Also, the driver’s side would not lock when we hit the lock button to lock all the other doors. When we parked, we had to remember to manually lock it.


I hope I’ve inspired you to be grateful for all the functioning power locks, key fobs, and other wonderful things in your life! If your car starts, that’s something to celebrate. One time the van wouldn’t start because my sister and I overlooked an important detail. You can read about it here.
What do you take for granted? Let me know in the comments, so I can be grateful for more things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love *positive* feedback